Place-based enterprise, sometimes referred to as experiential enterprise, environmental enterprise, community-based enterprise or enterprise for sustainability, promotes business that is intrinsic to what is truly “local”in your community. The unique history, environment, culture and economy of your town and/or region provide the catalyst for place-based enterprise initiatives.
Place-based enterprise is:
- Stimulating authentic local enterprise and character based on the unique values of your community
- The merging of “soft” people processes with “hard” project outcomes
- The natural synergy of place-making and town centre economics
- Governance that engages your local community, builds capacity and delivers the vision.
Key aims of place-based enterprise:
- Create quality jobs that benefit your local community
- Build long-term social, economic and cultural vibrance
- Make your community a better place for people and business.
- Undertake our DIY Fast-Track Audit to determine if your project is set to create place-based enterprise.